Sunday, October 10, 2010

LeeLees Closet

A while back, Craig started making these beautiful wooden pendants
At first, he was giving them away as gifts to our family and friends, but then I realized, after people were asking for one...wait a minute..we need to sell these!

So, I created LeeLees Closet on Etsy,
http://www.etsy.com/shop/leeleescloset
....if you say "what's Etsy?"...I'll first fall off my couch with shock..then pick myself up and slap you!  www.etsy.com

Is the END ALL/BE ALL that is handmade or vintage...very simply, if you can make something, or have an eye for vintage/retro goodies, you can open an Etsy Shop.

Etsy has a huge following.  You can purchase some fabulous one of a kind gifts, have custom orders made and see what creativity lives throughout the world.

I love anything vintage/retro...hence, my wedding theme.  If my Grandmother had it in her house, chances are...I'm drawn to it.  Linens, bowls, utensils, cookware, you name it..I want it...

So, since I can't possibly use all of the things I pine for, why not collect them in my creative way (yard sales, Salvation Army and auctions) and sell them on Etsy! 



Mammy & Chef
Salt n Pepper Shakers




Vintage Green Handle Bowl


Finding and getting these treasures ready for Etsy is more time consuming that you would think. First, its off to find them...sometimes I luck out and find them at the most random times, other times, I'm going to yard sales to see what treasures I can find and have a poker face while I'm buying something for $2 that I will later sell for $25......Yes, that happens.

Once I find them, its time to get them ready to shoot to create the listing.  Sometimes, I need to research what I'm selling to make sure I'm selling it appropriately. Other times,  I just want to be able to share it with someone and not really concern myself with a huge profit.  My theory is, if it makes me happy to find it, then hopefully it will make someone else just as happy to own it....

The things I find usually have some kind of personal connection to my past...whether its a vintage tablecloth that reminds me of my childhood or something that I wished I had, but never did.  And of course there's the times that I just think it's cool as shit and I have to buy it!

Remember what once was, is now not only usable but probably has it's own memories that can be carried on with you.  Why buy something new when you can find something old that will do as good of a job if not better and probably look a hell of lot cooler in your house at the same time...
Embracing the old may bring back memories you might of forgotten about...try it.. you might like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment