Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Things I love.....

So as I've been reading up on how to become more self reliant and teach myself how to have my little back yard farm, I've come across a few blogs and websites I love!

I'm sure I can find a few more blogs I'm obsessed with these days!


I just can't seem to get enough when it comes to reading about what others are doing to better their lives and our world...I used to be the one that made fun of people that made such a big deal about how we live and waste everyday. How we waste and take advantage of what we have on a daily basis. I can see it now..my friends will start to think I've lost my mind and label me one of "those" tree huggers...or as we call a couple of friends of ours "dirty hippies"....


These are some things I'd like to put on our "honey do" list:


  • Rain Barrel system, first we need gutters!
  • Build out 3 system compost bins out of the pallets we can get from work
  • Expand our existing garden (we're doing this very soon!!)
  • Buy a chest freezer...so we can start freezing what we can't eat!
  • Start buying local fresh chicken, pork and beef to put in the above noted freezer!


I recently bought a sign that hangs in our kitchen that says "Simplify your Life"....its very simple, but to the point and it stares at you when you enter our house......That's my goal, is to simplify our lives and enjoy this change that I seem to be going through....


My happiness in life is evolving to things like: my new clothesline that my husband put up for me...the smell of the clothes off the line is so yummy and the feeling I get of not using our dryer is like how I used to feel when I bought new shoes!!

My new clothes line!

Remember...Simplify your Life....take a tiny step and go through a drawer or cabinet a day and get rid of what you haven't used in the last 6 months....More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment